Who Should Apply
Application to the Tikvah Fellowship
Eligibility: Each Fellowship year is tailored to the interests and abilities of the participating individual. The program is open to applicants with at least an undergraduate degree, including those who will have completed their undergraduate degrees by the time the Fellowship begins. The 2013-2014 Tikvah Fellowship will begin on August 15, 2013, and conclude on August 15, 2014.
Timeline: Applications for the 2013-2014 Tikvah Fellowship are now open and will close on January 31, 2013.
To apply to the Tikvah Fellowship, please fill out the online registration form, providing your basic personal and academic information. As a part of your application process, you will be asked to upload a Word or PDF file that includes the following:
- a curriculum vitae or résumé
- a personal statement, including the reasons why you would like to participate in the fellowship, and describing the work experience or independent project you would like to pursue in your fellowship year
- a 500-word statement on a book, course, teacher, or event that prompted you to change your mind about a major issue, with an explanation of why
- a 250-word statement on the 20th century figure whom you most admire, with an explanation of why
- two letters of recommendation. Alternatively, you may ask the individuals providing your recommendations to e-mail them in Word or PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your recommenders should include your name in the subject line of their emails. Please note that while the rest of your application documents should be submitted in English, recommendation letters may be in Hebrew or English.
Important: Please be sure that the individual items are assembled in one Word or PDF file, in the order listed above. Please be sure to include your name at the top of each page of the application, and page numbers at the bottom of each page.
You can click here to begin your application.
Questions or technical troubles? Email email@example.com with any questions on application procedures.
Selection: If you are chosen for the final round of consideration, a staff member of the Fellowship will ask to interview you by phone. We may also request writing samples or additional documents from you at that time. We plan to inform applicants of final decisions by mid-March 2013.